Thursday, February 26, 2009

Party Princess Cupcakes

Alot of planning went in to these princesses! Many of the suggested ingredients were almost impossible to find and I needed to come up with substitutions. Who would have thought that the little silver ball edible decorations are near impossible to find?? I ended up finding them by fluke in an Italian meat shop on Hastings Street in Vancouver. The dresses were made out of rolled fondant (not rolled spice drops as recommended.... it didnt work). I used pringles vanilla bread sticks instead of pretzels as I thought that would be more tastey than a salty pretzel to hold the head up through the cupcakes. The entire princess is fully edible from top to bottom and it was definately fun seeing my nieces get excited about eating them!

No comments:

Post a Comment