Friday, January 8, 2010

Rainbow Cake with Marshmallow Fondant

 

 
Posted by Picasa


Sorry for the lack of pictures on this one! After getting a new laptop and switching things around I am having a bit of trouble retreiving pictures off my little camera! Anyhow... this super fun cake was just a practice cake for things to come (Cali's birthday). The super bright rainbow cake inside was made with a plain white betty crocker cake mix. I used butter milk instead of water or milk and I used full eggs instead of just the whites. I divided it into 6 parts (aprox 3/4 cups each) and used a 1/2 tsp of gel food coloring to get the vibrant color. Cook time was exactly 10 minutes for each layer (I only have 2 round 9" pans, but it didnt take too long). I did not wait for the parts to cool completely as I wanted them to stick together. After that, I 'dirty iced' the cake with butter cream and then took my first shot at marshmallow fondant. Let me just say, it was sticky as anything! Use crisco on your hands!!!! After a taste test by myself last night and then today a few of the girls at work, we all agreed, marshmallow fondant was the way to go as it tastes amazing! Let me know if you want to know how to do it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment