Friday, January 1, 2010

Red Velvet Cupcakes

So I got a new book for Christmas from Brian. Martha Stewart's Cupcake Book. Its a great book with lots of unique recipes for fun cupcake flavors. The decorating isn't comparable to Hello, Cupcake but flavors are the point of this book!

I decided to start off by making Red Velvet Cupcakes. They are basically a white cake mix made with buttermilk, cocoa and vinegar. You frost it with a cream cheese frosting. The most notable thing about the Red Velvet is the blood red color. I followed the recipe exactly, and too my disappointment, the red was more of a tomato than blood... however, the taste is still just awesome! I will have to make another attempt at these around valentine's day and kick the food coloring up a notch! (I will try to remember to post some pictures tomorrow as I still have a few cupcakes left!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment